The Pirrie Hall dates from May 1923. It was built and given to the community by Lord Pirrie K.P. “for the use and benefit of the inhabitants of the hamlets of Brook, Sandhills and adjoinung distrct”.
Lord Pirrie lived at Witley Park and was chairman of Harland & Wolff, during the building launch in 1912 and short lifetime of the Titanic. He did not travel on the maiden voyage because of illness that prevented him from joining the ill-fated passage.